- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- Black Bean Salsa
- Garnishes: sour cream, fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and ice water; process just until the mixture forms a ball.
Divide dough in half; shape each half of dough into 16 (1") balls. Press balls into lightly greased miniature (1 3/4") muffin pans, pressing evenly into bottom and up sides.
Bake tartlet shells at 450° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove shells to wire racks, and cool completely.
Spoon 1 tablespoon Black Bean Salsa into each tartlet shell; garnish, if desired. Serve at room temperature.