This was a good recipe. I followed the directions and found the black beans to be very dry so I added a little bit water.
Black Bean Tacos with Feta Slaw
Canned beans that are already seasoned help bring these tacos together in a flash.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.6g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 546mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 1 center-cut bacon slice
- 1 cup vertically sliced white onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can seasoned black beans (such as Bush's), drained and divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups angel hair coleslaw
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño to drippings in pan; cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Place onion mixture in a small bowl. Lightly mash 1 cup beans. Add mashed beans, cumin, salt, and remaining beans to pan; cook 2 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon.
- 2. Combine vinegar, mayonnaise, and black pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add coleslaw, cilantro, and green onions; toss to coat.
- 3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide bean mixture evenly among tortillas. Top evenly with onion mixture and coleslaw mixture. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note