Black Bean Tacos
The black beans in this dish should be every dieter's best friend. They provide plenty of Resistant Starch, along with appetite suppressing fiber and protein. The cheese offers CLA for an extra metabolism kick. To save time, use prewashed lettuce and preshredded carrots.
Resistant Starch: 4.7g
More From Health
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 420
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Fiber: 17g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1. Microwave beans at HIGH 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas, one at a time; cook 1 minute on each side.
- 3. Divide beans evenly among tortillas. Top with even amounts of cheese, lettuce, carrot, and salsa.
- Carb Star: Beans 1.5 to 3.8 grams of Resistant Starch per serving Nearly half of the starch in beans comes from Resistant Starch, making them a powerful weight-loss ally. They are also an incredibly rich source of fiber, providing 15 grams per cup. It's no wonder that a Canadian study of 1,475 men and women found that those who consumed beans regularly tended to weigh less and have a smaller waist circumference than those who did not eat them. They were also 23 percent less likely to become overweight over time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note