Really good! Left out the jalapeños, substituted one can of black beans for kidney beans and cooked on stove top for about an hour. Topped with sour cream, scallions and cheddar cheese. Made a day ahead and reheated for a dinner party...huge success.
Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili
This easy black bean and butternut squash chili will fill your kitchen with wonderful aromas while it simmers in the slow-cooker all day. Serve with cornbread and your favorite toppings.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 16g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 1190mg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 4 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 cups butternut squash (about 2 lb.), peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add bell peppers and jalapeños; sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Transfer pepper mixture to slow cooker. Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Arrange squash on top. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 3. Season chili with salt and pepper. Serve with sour cream, salsa and other accompaniments, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note