I read reviews before making so cooked on high and the beans cooked just fine. I added a quarter cup of red wine vinegar once the soup was cooked and liked the addition but my family really likes vinegar. I used chicken broth instead of water so cut down on the salt. I think it would be good served over brown rice or leftovers drained and used as a filling for flour tortillas. YUM!
Black Bean Soup with Shredded Pork
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Sodium: 581mg
- 1 pound dried black beans, rinsed and picked over
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo plus 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Combine 6 cups water, beans, pork chops, bacon, onion, garlic, chilies, adobo, cumin and salt in slow cooker. Cook on low until beans are tender and pork chops are falling apart, 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove and discard bacon. Cut pork away from bones. Discard bones and shred meat. Add meat back to slow cooker with beans. Season with additional salt and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This