This was just what I was looking for. I used an immersion blender to get it to the consistency I wanted. I also didn't add the sausage because I didn't think Italian sausage went with it - still a great soup.
Black Bean Soup with Sausage
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 635
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 101g
- Fiber: 29g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Sodium: 025mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans black beans
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (3 oz.) hot Italian sausage links
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Warm oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine onion mixture, beans (with their liquid), salsa and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Stir well and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Stir sausages into bean mixture in slow cooker and cook for 1 hour longer.
- Using tongs, remove sausages to a cutting board, cut into bite-size pieces and then return to slow cooker. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve soup hot in bowls, with chopped avocado and a dollop of sour cream on top, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes