Black Bean Soup with Chorizo & Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) chorizo
- 2 cup(s) chopped peeled carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup(s) celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh thyme
- 5 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 can(s) black beans
- 1 pound(s) skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- Heat oil in large pot over med-high heat. Add chorizo, carrots, onions, celery and bay leaves. Saute 10 min, breaking sausage with back of spoon. Add garlic and thyme, saute 2 min. Add 5 cups broth; bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Add beans and chicken; simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add more broth if desired. Discard bay leaves. Season with salt & pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jadell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black Bean Soup with Chorizo & Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews