Great all around meal with protein from the black beans and plenty of nutritious veggies. Easy to make and most of the ingredients are pretty commonly kept on hand. Delicious!
Black Bean Soup
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 16g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 1052mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 15-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1. Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, carrots and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 12 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in broth and beans, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove 2 cups of soup and puree in a blender. Stir pureed soup back into pot and cook 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Spoon soup into bowls, top with yogurt and cilantro and serve.
Also featured in: All You, June 2012
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews