Black Bean Soup
- 3 can(s) (15-ounce) Black Beans, Undrained, Divided
- 1 can(s) (15-ounce) Lower-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2/3 cup(s) Chopped Onion
- 2 cup(s) Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup(s) Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Ground Cumin
- 1 Lime (Juice and Zest)
- Sour Cream (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1. Heat vegetable oil in large a saucepan. Add onions and cumin and cook over medium heat until the onions are tender.
- 2. PurÃ©e 2 cans of beans with their liquid and chicken broth in a blender. Add to saucepan.
- 3. Stir in remaining can of beans, salsa, lime juice and zest, and cilantro. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and additional cilantro.
- Servings: 6
- Nutritional facts per serving:
- 190 calories, 3 g fat, 9 g protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 11 g fiber, 1070 mg sodium
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bcolton and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note