I love this recipe, because its a) great and b) can be made from things you most likely already have in the pantry. I add a can of no salt added diced tomatoes (drained) and a small can of sweet corn (drained) to this soup and I think it really puts it over the top. I top the soup with light sour cream and light cheese.
Black Bean Soup
Prep: 20 min., Cook: 25 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, undrained and divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14½-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- Toppings: salsa, shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Process 1 can of beans in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Drain second can of beans.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in processed beans, drained beans, remaining can of undrained beans, broth, and next 5 ingredients.
- 3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews