- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, undrained and divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14½-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- Toppings: salsa, shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Process 1 can of beans in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Drain second can of beans.
Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in processed beans, drained beans, remaining can of undrained beans, broth, and next 5 ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.