Black Bean-Smothered Sweet Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can(s) 15 oz - black beans rinsed
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on High until tender all the way to the center, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake at 425ºF until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour.)
- 2. Meanwhile, combine beans, tomato, oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat.)
- 3. When just cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the well. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hugheswoman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note