May husband and I loved this salad. Very fresh, healthy and tasty. I halved the amount of corn to reduce the total volume.
Black Bean Salad - from Mindy
Community Recipe from
- 1 fresh avocado diced
- 2 pound(s) frozen corn
- 15 ounce(s) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) fresh chopped scallions
- 1 1/4 cup(s) red peppers diced
- 2 cup(s) fresh chopped tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- in a small bowl, combine all ingredients for salad dressing
- add teh diced avocado to the dressing, toss gently, and set asidem
- On a large sheet pan, roast the corn in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes, or until slightly golden. Add the corn to the amedium bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine chilled corn, black beans, scallions, red peppers, tomatoes and jalapenos, toss with dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black Bean Salad - from Mindy Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes