Black Bean Quesadillas with Warm Corn Salsa
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 271
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 30.6g
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 649mg
- Calcium: 311mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato and beans; sauté 3 minutes. Add spinach; sauté 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; mash beans slightly.
- 3. Place tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheese; fold in half. Lightly coat tops with cooking spray. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts and tortillas begin to brown. Cut each tortilla into 3 wedges.
- 4. While quesadillas broil, combine corn and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until warm, stirring frequently. Serve warm salsa with quesadillas.
- kitchen tip
- Quesadillas are fun finger food and a great way to get your toddler to eat veggies. Offer him a small spoonful of the salsahe might surprise you and like it!
Let your toddler help by:
- Helping rinse the beans in a colander.
- Placing the tortillas on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkling the cheese on the tortillas and bean mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches