- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- calories 271
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 12.5 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 17.4 g
- carbohydrate 30.6 g
- fiber 9.3 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 649 mg
- calcium 311 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato and beans; sauté 3 minutes. Add spinach; sauté 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; mash beans slightly.
Place tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheese; fold in half. Lightly coat tops with cooking spray. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts and tortillas begin to brown. Cut each tortilla into 3 wedges.
While quesadillas broil, combine corn and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until warm, stirring frequently. Serve warm salsa with quesadillas.
Quesadillas are fun finger food and a great way to get your toddler to eat veggies. Offer him a small spoonful of the salsahe might surprise you and like it!
Let your toddler help by:
- Helping rinse the beans in a colander.
- Placing the tortillas on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkling the cheese on the tortillas and bean mixture.