- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine), dry sherry, or sake
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine), dry sherry, or sake
- 1 tablespoon black bean and garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 pound zucchini
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups hot cooked short-grain rice
- calories 398
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 10.6 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 5.6 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 23.1 g
- carbohydrate 48.1 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- iron 4.1 mg
- sodium 654 mg
- calcium 29 mg
How to Make It
To prepare the pork, cut pork crosswise into 3-inch pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices; cut slices into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Combine pork, 1 tablespoon wine, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
To prepare sauce, combine 1/2 cup water and next 4 ingredients (through salt); set aside.
Cut zucchini crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices; cut slices into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Heat a 14-inch wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to wok, swirling to coat. Add zucchini and ginger to wok; stir-fry 1 minute or just until crisp-tender. Spoon into a bowl.
Add 2 teaspoons oil to wok, swirling to coat. Add half of pork mixture to wok; stir-fry 2 minutes or until browned. Add cooked pork mixture to zucchini mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and remaining pork mixture. Return zucchini mixture to wok. Stir sauce; add sauce to wok. Stir-fry 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon into a serving dish. Sprinkle with onions. Serve over rice.