1. Thaw pie shells and bake as directed.
2. Saute peppers and onions in some vegetable oil in a deep skillet.
3. Add beans, salsa, chili powder, and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes until thickened.
4. Spoon a thin layer of the bean mixture over the cooked pie shells, followed by cheese and a tortilla. Repeat the layer a 2nd time. On the third layer, end with cheese.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, tent with foil to avoid burning the crust. Bake on a baking sheet so that cheese doesn't drip into the oven. You may freeze one of the pies prior to baking it to save for later.
Go to full version of