Black Bean Pie
Makes 2 pies; hearty vegetarian dish.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 can(s) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 red or yellow pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 16 ounce(s) jarred salsa
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- dash(es) ground pepper
- 4 6 inch flour tortillas
- 2 package(s) Mexican shredded cheese
- 2 9 inch frozen pie shells
- salsa and sour cream for garnish
- 1. Thaw pie shells and bake as directed.
- 2. Saute peppers and onions in some vegetable oil in a deep skillet.
- 3. Add beans, salsa, chili powder, and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes until thickened.
- 4. Spoon a thin layer of the bean mixture over the cooked pie shells, followed by cheese and a tortilla. Repeat the layer a 2nd time. On the third layer, end with cheese.
- 5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, tent with foil to avoid burning the crust. Bake on a baking sheet so that cheese doesn't drip into the oven. You may freeze one of the pies prior to baking it to save for later.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jamiemorrow and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black Bean Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes