- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 recipe Spinach Madeleine (2 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (12-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese, shredded and divided
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
Stir together Spinach Madeleine and sour cream until blended.
Spoon about 1/2 cup black bean mixture down center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/3 cup Spinach Madeleine mixture, and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheese. Roll up, and place, seam sides down, in 2 lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dishes. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over tops.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Black Bean-Chicken-Spinach Enchiladas: Substitute 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken for 1 can black beans. Proceed as directed.