Black Bean Hummus
Instead of chickpeas, you can use black beans to make this Middle Eastern dip. And for a bit of extra flavor, stir in jalapeño pepper and lime juice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 18.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 138mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 3 (6-inch) pitas
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Place 1/4 cup cilantro, tahini, and next 8 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon into a bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
- 3. Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes, turning once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note