Black bean goat cheese dip
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds toasted and ground - use more if you use ground
- 2 can(s) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 1 bunch(es) scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 log(s) fresh goat cheese (11 oz)
- tortilla chips or Stacy's multigrain
- 1) In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic - cook until softened, about 5 min. Stir in cumin and cook 30 seconds. Add 1 can beans and lightly mash using a potato masher. Stir in chicken stock and remaining can of beans. Simmer until very thick (but not pasty), 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- 2) Place poblano peppers directly on a burner over a medium low gas flame. Turn regularly with tongs to blacken skin, 10-15 minutes. Place peppers in a paper bag; seal and let sit (and steam) until cool enough to handle. Peel peppers, removing as much of the charred skin as possible without rinsing. Seed and coarsely chop. Transfer to a small bowl and toss with scallions and cilantro.
- 3) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread 1/2 bean mixture in bottom of 1 to 1 1/2 quart souffle or baking dish. Top with 1/2 cheese, crumbled and half of pepper mixture. Repeat layering once more. Place on a sheet pan and bake 45-50 minutes until bubbling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PeggyCourtright and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note