Black Bean Dip
Yield: 2 cups (serving size: 1 tablespoon)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 19
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 37mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine beans and tomato sauce in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Mash beans with a potato masher or back of a spoon. Add cheese and chili powder; cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
- Serve dip warm with toasted pita chips or fresh vegetables (chips and vegetables not included in analysis).
- Tip: If you're on a low-sodium diet, make this spicy dip with no-salt-added beans and serve it with unsalted chips or fresh vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note