Black Bean and Couscous Salad with Jalapeño-Lemon Dressing
Couscous, a staple of North African cuisine, is a form of semolina flour (the main ingredient in pasta). Brown rice can be substituted for couscous.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 91
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 14.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Calcium: 11mg
- 2/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Spread couscous on a baking sheet in a thin layer; let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon rind and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside
- Combine couscous, beans, and onion in a large bowl. Add reserved lemon mixture and toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This