Black Bean, Corn and Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- 1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper and garlic powder. Cook until the turkey is well browned, stirring often to separate meat.
Stir the broth, salsa, sugar, beans and corn in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Tip: Serve with warm restaurant tortilla chips. For dessert serve with sliced watermelon and brownies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note