Black Bean and Corn Tostadas
To save time, buy prechopped onion and bell pepper in the produce section, as well as a bag of shredded lettuce.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Calcium: 188mg
- 5 (5 1/2-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 10 tablespoons refrigerated fresh salsa
- 5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat tortillas with cooking spray; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp, turning after 7 minutes.
- While tortillas bake, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Stir in beans and next 7 ingredients. Cook 2 minutes.
- Place tortillas on plates.Top each tortilla with about 1/2 cup bean mixture, 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons salsa, 1 tablespoon sour cream, about 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 teaspoon cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes