How do I make the fresh salsa??? please help!!
Black Bean and Corn-Topped Potatoes
Also enjoy this bountiful Southwestern-style topping with baked tortilla chips. When corn is in season, feel free to substitute fresh sweet corn kernels for frozen.
Prep: 4 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 64.1g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 4 (6-ounce) baking potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans (such as Eden Organic), rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 1/2 cups fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) reduced-fat shredded cheddar-Jack cheese (such as Cabot)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes, turning and rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
- 2. While potatoes cook, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add beans, corn, and salsa; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Split potatoes lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Fluff with a fork. Spoon about 1 cup bean mixture over each potato. Top each serving evenly with cheese and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes