Delicious and super easy. I added some Paprika and onion powder to the mix. I too used minced garlic instead of the garlic salt. I reserved about half of the spice mix and added that to the beans and corn. Use a good chunky Pico de Gallo or salsa. I omitted the Cilantro. Along with a little brown rice and siracha sauce in a warm tortilla...yummy. This would also make a great base for any protein especially chicken or fish.
Black Bean, Corn, and Shrimp Salad
Serve this spicy, shrimp salad with toasted pita wedges for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/3 cup shrimp and about 2/3 cup bean mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 354
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 43.3g
- Carbohydrate: 34.9g
- Fiber: 9.1g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 7.6mg
- Sodium: 827mg
- Calcium: 148mg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes or until done. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Remove shrimp from pan. Add corn to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in salsa, cilantro, and beans; cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice. Serve shrimp over bean mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads