Black Bean Corn Salsa with Avocado
- 3 ear(s) corn roasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 whole(s) avocado, ripe but firm pitted and diced
- 1 can(s) black beans, 15.5oz drained
- 1/2 whole(s) red onion, medium diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 2 whole(s) limes juiced
- 1 whole(s) serrano chili finely diced
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch(s) Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 whole(s) scallions finely chopped
- Preheat grill or oven. Rub shucked corn with olive oil and roast until nicely charred on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Allow to cool slightly prior to removing the kernels and transferring to a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, avocados, black beans, and onions to the grilled corn kernels.
- Mix together 2TBS EVOO, agave, cumin, garlic, lime juice, serrano, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Whisk together, as you would to make a vinaigrette, and pour over the corn mixture. Mix together gently so everything is coated well, and then fold in the cilantro and scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SSE408 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note