Made this last night to go with a spicy pork tenderloin and it was perfect! Even after cutting the recipe in half, my family of three almost finished the whole thing, I have a little left over for lunch today. I made this almost exactly as written, only I wasn't quite perfect with a lot of my measurements, I sub'd Anaheim pepper for the jalapeno, and I forgot to put the cheese on the table, but I don't think that it was really necessary. My mom has requested that this get made again while all of these ingredients are still in season.
Black Bean and Corn Salad with Mango
Kids and adults will love this simple, tasty recipe. Take to a kid-friendly party or just make a batch to keep in the fridge. Fruit, beans, veggies, and cheese make this a well-rounded midday meal.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 155
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 17.1g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 1/4 cups diced peeled mango
- 3/4 cup minced green onions (about 6 onions)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup diced peeled avocado (about 1 large)
- 2 ounces crumbled Cotija cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add corn and next 7 ingredients (through bell pepper); toss gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight, if desired.
- 2. Add avocado and cheese; toss gently. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Serve it with Pan-Fried Beef Tenderloin, grilled shrimp, or Cilantro-Lime Rice.
- Kids Can Help: Kids can make the entire vinaigrette themselves and chop the tomatoes and red bell pepper with a plastic knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note