I made this for supper tonite and it turned out wonderful!! I love black beans and I was happy to find this recipe, now I know what to do with them!!!
Black Bean Chili
Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 3 (15-oz.) cans black beans
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (12-oz.) package meatless burger crumbles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-oz.) can low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, lime wedges, sliced jalapeño peppers, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes, corn chips
- 1. Rinse and drain 2 cans black beans. (Do not drain third can.)
- 2. Sauté chopped onion and burger crumbles in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 6 minutes. Stir in chili powder and next 3 ingredients; sauté 1 minute. Stir in drained and undrained beans, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Serve chili with desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Boca Meatless Ground Burger for meatless burger crumbles.
- Meaty Black Bean Chili: Substitute 1 lb. ground round for meatless burger crumbles, sautéing ground round with onion 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Omit vegetable oil. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes