Fantastic recipe! Family didn't notice there was no meat. Winner winner enchilada dinner!
Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas with Ranchero Sauce
Smother these Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas with a spicy Ranchero Sauce for an easy dinner tonight.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 36.1g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 574mg
- Calcium: 426mg
- 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- 3 thinly sliced green onions, divided
- Cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine chiles and 2 cups water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Drain chiles in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add onion; saute 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through cumin); cook 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Pour onion mixture into a blender; add chiles and reserved liquid. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid. Blend until smooth; stir in lime juice and red pepper.
- 5. Combine the beans, 1 cup cheese, and half the green onions in a bowl. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 3 tablespoons bean mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over filled tortillas. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining green onions; serve with sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note