- 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- 3 thinly sliced green onions, divided
- Cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons light sour cream
- calories 302
- fat 12.9 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- monofat 3.9 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 17.3 g
- carbohydrate 36.1 g
- fiber 6.4 g
- cholesterol 32 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 574 mg
- calcium 426 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine chiles and 2 cups water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Drain chiles in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add onion; saute 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through cumin); cook 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Pour onion mixture into a blender; add chiles and reserved liquid. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid. Blend until smooth; stir in lime juice and red pepper.
Combine the beans, 1 cup cheese, and half the green onions in a bowl. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 3 tablespoons bean mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over filled tortillas. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining green onions; serve with sour cream.