- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Chipotle Cream
- calories 169
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 6.9 g
- carbohydrate 23.4 g
- fiber 5.1 g
- cholesterol 28 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 440 mg
- calcium 58 mg
How to Make It
Sauté first 4 ingredients in 2 teaspoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Mash 1 1/2 cups black beans in a large bowl. Stir in remaining black beans, red bell pepper mixture, cumin, and next 3 ingredients. Add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, cilantro, mayonnaise, and egg, stirring until well blended.
Shape black bean mixture into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Place patties on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and chill 1 hour. Lightly dredge chilled patties in remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
Cook 4 patties in 2 teaspoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 4 patties and 2 teaspoons oil. Serve with Chipotle Cream.