Much better than expected! Definitely use just 1 egg and double the sour cream. Ratios seem to be all off here for some reason.
Black Bean Cakes with Ginger-Cilantro Cream
More From Cooking Light
Total: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter; swirl until butter melts. Add onion and garlic; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, coriander, red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in panko and lime juice.
- 2. Place beans in a bowl; coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in eggs. Stir in onion mixture. Divide bean mixture into 4 portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 3. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, sour cream, cilantro, and ginger. Serve with patties.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note