Black Bean Burritos
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) Large Tortillas
- 1 piece(s) medium onion
- 1 piece(s) large bell pepper
- 4 clove(s) garlic chopped fine
- 1 can(s) Green Chilis small, 4 oz. can
- 2-4 piece(s) Jalepeno peppers as desired, chopped
- 12 ounce(s) Jar of your favorite salsa Peach Mango is excellent for these
- 1 pound(s) Cheddar or Jack cheese suggest Chipotle Cheddar
- 3 cup(s) cooked rice or less, to preference
- 15 ounce(s) can, refried beans
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 can(s) 15 oz. black beans
- 2 piece(s) medium-large tomatoes chopped
- 2-5 tablespoon(s) Cholulu sauce as desired
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Tobasco sauce or other hot sauce as desired
- 1-2 cup(s) lettuce shredded
- Guacamole for toppings
- More Salsa for toppings
- sour cream for toppings
- Notes on spiciness:
- To make this more mild:
- 1. sautee the jalepenos first. To really lose the heat from the peppers,
- also change the oil from the pan before finishing the sautee.
- 2. Choose a milder cheese flavor
- To make this more spicy:
- 1. Add more jalepenos, or other hot peppers.
- 2. Add your favorite hot sauce
- 3. Add the jalepenos later in the sauteeing process so they cook less.
- 1. pre cook the rice
- 2. Chop onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, tofu/meat all to around 1/2" maximum sizes
- If using ground meat, just mash it up as it cooks so it's all loose
- 3. Chop hot peppers to as small as possible
- 4. Shred cheese and lettuce
- For the Sautee: Use a s little oil as possible, probably around 1-2 tbsp.
- 1. Sautee chili and hot peppera first, if desired, for a milder result.
- 2. saute onions, garlic, chilis, jalepenos in very little oil until 1/2 cooked
- For a milder burrito, fully cook the hot peppers first before adding onions, etc.
- 3. add salsa, drained beans, tofu, and 1/2 the shredded cheese. cook until onions are done.
- For a milder burrito, add the hot sauce at this step
- 3. Remove from heat. Add cooked rice and cilantro. mix
- For a spicier burrito, add the hot sauce at this step
- 4. Smear refried beans onto large tortilla.
- Fill with mixture, tomatoes, lettuce, additional cheese in layers
- OPTIONAL: Also add in the toppings as layers inside the burritos.
- OR : Serve the toppings as sides, for a "wet" burrito
- 5. wrap burritos.
- 6. serve with toppings as sides, if they are not inside.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black Bean Burritos Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes