Black Bean Burritos
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 15 ounce(s) black beans drained
- 1/4 cup(s) onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) green pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) red pepper finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 1/2 ounce(s) green chilies chopped
- 8 6 inch flour tortilla
- 1 cup(s) 4 oz, monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) no-salt-added salsa
- Place beans in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish; mash to desired consistency. Add onion and next 8 ingredients; stir well. Cover with wax paper, and microwave at HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in green chilies.
- Lightly brush 1 side of each tortilla with water. Stack 4 tortillas, and wrap in wax paper. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Repeat procedures with remaining tortillas.
- Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture down center of each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tortillas. Place tortillas in an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2- inch baking dish. Cover with 2 damp paper towels, thoroughly heated, rotating a half-turn after 1 1/2 minutes. Top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 tablespoons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mdismore and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note