Black Bean Burritos
Community Recipe from
- 15 ounce(s) black beans drained
- 1/4 cup(s) onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) green pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) red pepper finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 1/2 ounce(s) green chilies chopped
- 8 6 inch flour tortilla
- 1 cup(s) 4 oz, monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) no-salt-added salsa
- Place beans in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish; mash to desired consistency. Add onion and next 8 ingredients; stir well. Cover with wax paper, and microwave at HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in green chilies.
- Lightly brush 1 side of each tortilla with water. Stack 4 tortillas, and wrap in wax paper. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Repeat procedures with remaining tortillas.
- Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture down center of each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tortillas. Place tortillas in an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2- inch baking dish. Cover with 2 damp paper towels, thoroughly heated, rotating a half-turn after 1 1/2 minutes. Top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 tablespoons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mdismore and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes