I love this recipe.I have always been a big fan on frozen all ready prepared from the store ones.NO MORE!I think I will try different things to put in it,such as mushrooms and garlic powder also.The dressing was great,which gave the burger big flavor.Going to try freezing them too.
Black Bean Burgers with Spicy Cucumber and Red Pepper Relish
The cucumber releases some liquid while chilling, so serve relish with a slotted spoon. Shape the patties, and wrap them in wax paper to transport them from the kitchen to the patio grill. Serve with baked potato chips and dill pickle spears.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 375
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Carbohydrate: 59.2g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 767mg
- Calcium: 136mg
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- Dill sprigs (optional)
- To prepare relish, combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- To prepare burgers, place beans in a large bowl; partially mash with a fork. Stir in breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients (breadcrumbs through egg). Divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Prepare grill.
- Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on the bottom half of each bun; top each with a patty, 1/4 cup relish, and top half of bun. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This