I tweaked this recipe to add flavor. Using a blender mini food processor I minced the onion along with 1/2 red bell pepper. I drained these in a paper towel due to the high water content. I added 1/4 cup of thinnly sliced green onion. I sprayed the tops and bottoms with grapeseed oil. These were baked till slightly browned on each side. I grated white sharp cheedar cheese on top and skipped the bun. The sauce was served on the side along with creole mustard mixed with olive oil based mayo.
Black Bean Burgers with Sriracha Aioli
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 10.4g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Place beans in a large bowl; lightly mash. Stir in onion and next 7 ingredients. Divide mixture into 4 portions; shape each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- 3. Arrange patties on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes; turn after 6 minutes. Add bun halves to pan; bake 3 minutes.
- 4. Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and juice; spread over bottom halves of buns. Top each serving with 1 patty, 1/2 cup arugula, and top halves of buns.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note