Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) 28 oz whole peeled tomatos
- 2 teaspoon(s) Chili powder
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 can(s) 15.5 oz black beans rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled & coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 0 1/2 pound(s) cheddar cheese grated (2 cups)
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 scallions thinly sliced and white and green parts separated
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn
- Heat oven to 450F. In a blender, puree the tomatoes, chili powder, half the onion, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining onion and half the garlic and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the black beans, sweet potato, oregano and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until the sweet potatoes are tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Stir in 1 cup of the Cheddar.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato mixture in the bottom of a 9-by-13 inch baking dish. Roll up the bean mixture in the tortillas (about 1/2 cup each) and place the rolls seam-side down in the dish. Top with the remaining tomato sauce and 1 cup of Cheddar. Bake on the top rack of oven until the Cheddar is brown and bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining garlic and the scallion whites and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the corn and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Sprinkle the enchiladas with the scallion greens and serve with the corn.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by aislinn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note