Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burrito
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 onion coursely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper coursely chopper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 4 ounce(s) pine nuts toasted
- 1 can(s) black beans
- 1/2 package(s) sweet potato fries baked
- 1 tablespoon(s) ancho chile powder
- 1 jar(s) salsa verde
- 1 1/2 pound(s) mexican blend cheese
- 1 jar(s) mild whole green chile peppers
- Saute onions and peppers in olive oil until soft.
- Add toasted pine nuts.
- Add minced garlic.
- Add Black beans with liquid.
- Add Ancho Chili Powder.
- Add 1/4 jar of salsa verde sauce (or green enchilada sauce).
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut baked sweet potato fries into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Spray baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Fill each tortilla with:
- 1/6 black bean mixture.
- 1/6 sweet potato.
- Handful of cheese
- Wrap tortillas and place in baking pan.
- Place whole green chile on top of each burrito.
- Cover with remainder of salsa verde.
- Cover with foil and bake @ 375 for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, and cover with remaining cheese.
- Allow cheese to melt and then return to oven and allow cheese to brown slightly.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mayerpa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note