Black Bean-and-Rice Salad
This tasty make-ahead dish is great for a potluck. Stir it together in 20 minutes; cover and chill for 30 minutes, and you're out the door. You may also stir in 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or pork for a main dish.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 2 (8.8-ounce) pouches ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat rice according to package directions. Pour into a large bowl, and let stand 10 minutes to cool.
- Stir in black beans and remaining ingredients until well combined. Cover and chill rice mixture at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Spanish Style Ready Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note