Black Bean-and-Rice Burritos
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) boil-in-bag converted rice regular size
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt-free garlic-and-herb spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 15 ounce(s) canned black beans undrained
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese 3 ounces
- 6 tablespoon(s) sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoon(s) salsa
- 6 tablespoon(s) plain low-fat yogurt
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Combine spice blend, cumin, and undrained black beans in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in rice.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture down center of each tortilla. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon green onions, 1 tablespoon salsa, and 1 tablespoon yogurt; roll up. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 burrito).
- CALORIES 348 (18% from fat); PROTEIN 15.2g; FAT 6.8g (sat. 2.3g., mono 2.2g, poly 1.5g); CARB 56.4g; FIBER 2.1g; CHOL 10mg; IRON 3.9 mg; SODIUM 438mg; CALC 247 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BlueeyedSara7 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note