- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh Tomato-and-Corn Salsa
- calories 253
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 1.8 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 10.9 g
- carbohydrate 43.7 g
- fiber 6.4 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 595 mg
- calcium 178 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and black beans, and saute 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in water, cilantro, tomato paste, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Reserve 1 cup bean mixture; set remaining bean mixture aside.
Place the tomatoes, wine, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a blender, and process until smooth. Reserve 1 cup tomato mixture. Pour remaining tomato mixture into a bowl; set aside.
Place the reserved 1 cup bean mixture and reserved 1 cup tomato mixture in blender, and process until smooth. Set tomato-bean mixture aside.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place 2 tortillas, side by side, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spoon 3 tablespoons tomato-bean mixture over each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons remaining bean mixture, 1 tablespoon goat cheese, and 1 tortilla. Repeat procedure 4 times ending with tortillas. Gently press top of each tortilla stack.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cut each stack into 4 wedges. Spoon the remaining tomato mixture over wedges, and top with Fresh Tomato-and-Corn Salsa.