- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Fresh Salsa
- 3 pita bread rounds, halved
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream
- Fresh Salsa
How to Make It
Bring 2/3 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Cool.
Combine rice, black beans, green chiles, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; gently toss. Cover and chill, if desired.
Line each pita half with lettuce. Spoon rice mixture evenly into each half. Top with plain yogurt and additional Fresh Salsa.