Black and Blue stuffed burgers
BEST BURGERS ON THE GRILL! recipezaar.com
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- * 1 lb ground chuck
- * 1 lb ground beef round
- * 6 fresh kaiser rolls, split
- * 2 tomatoes, sliced
- * 1 red onion, sliced
- * 1/3 lb premium blue cheese (not crumbled)
- For the Blackened Spice Mix
- * 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- * 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- * 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- * 1 teaspoon black pepper
- * 1 tablespoon salt
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- * 1 tablespoon onion powder
- For the Dressing (optional)
- * 3 oz premium blue cheese (optional)
- * 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- * 1/4 cup sour cream
- * 1 clove garlic, minced
- * 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- You will need 1/2 pound blue cheese total (get the block type cheese, not the crumbled stuff in packages).
- Prepare your dressing by crumbling 3 ounces of cheese and mixing it thoroughly with the other dressing ingredients and setting aside to chill (do not do this more than a few hours before).
- Mix together your spice mix in a large shallow bowl or plate and set aside until needed.
- Mix together chuck and round, then separate mixture into 1/3 pound pieces (just over 5 ounces)- you should have 6.
- Divide each piece in half and form into a thin patty and place onto wax paper on whatever platter you are working with.
- Take the 1/3 pound of blue cheese and cut into 6 divided sections (approximate) and place thin slices onto 6 of the patties you have formed.
- Cover these patties with the remaining 6 patties and form a pinched seal around the edges, making it tight.
- Pick up each patty, and gently reform the burger and pat it back out to thinness, if needed; rest them on waxed paper.
- Take patties one by one and coat in the seasoning mixture, not forgetting to coat the side edges and patting them nicely flat when finished; rest on waxed paper.
- Cook over heated coals or on gas grill until it is cooked through or temperature reads 160F (do not press on patties while grilling).
- Allow patties to rest 10-15 minutes after cooking for cheese to settle.
- Serve on split kaiser rolls (may toast them if you like) with appropriate condiments: lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion, and a little blue cheese dressing
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TheMasterChef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note