Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) Butter softened
- 2/3 cup(s) Packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) Cocoa powder
- 1 2/3 cup(s) Flour
- 1 cup(s) Tstd hazelnuts chopped
- 4 ounce(s) Bittersweet chocolate
- 6 ounce(s) Dark chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) Shortening
- Preheat oven to 375.lightly grease cookie sheet. Beat butter in a large mixing bowl. Add bs, BP, salt. Beat until combined. Beat in eggs and cocoa pwdr. Beat in flour. Stir in nuts and bittersweet chocolate
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a 9" long roll. Flatten to 2" wide.
- Bake for 20-25 min. Or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 45 min. Reduce oven to 325.
- Cut each roll diagonally w/ a serrated knife. Place cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 min. Flip and bake 7-9 min or until dry and crisp. Transfer to wire racks and let cools about 1 hour.
- Microwave 6oz remaining chocolate and shortening 1-2 min. Dip one. End biscotti let excess drip back into bowl. Place on wax paper andletset.
- *to toast nuts, spread on baking pan. Bake 375 for 4-5 min. Rub nuts in tee towl to remove skins. Chop.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SusanFox and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
BittersweetChocolateBiscotti Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes