Bite-size Wasabi Crab Cakes
Recipe was published in Coastal Living magazine Dec/Jan 2010
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Green onions Thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) Shallots Minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) Wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoon(s) Seasoned rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon(s) Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 pound(s) Fresh jumbo lump crabmeat Drained and picked
- 1 Large egg Lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cup(s) Pinko (Japanese breadcrumbs) Divided
- 4 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- Ginger aioli (recipe below)
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Gently fold crabmeat into mayonnaise mixture. Cover and chill 30 minutes or several hours.
- 2. Stir egg and 1/3 cup panko into crabmeat mixture. Shape mixture into 20 (1-1/2 inch) patties. Dredge in remaining panko.
- 3. Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with Ginger Aioli. Makes 20 crab cakes.
- Ginger Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Makes 1/2 cup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bite-size Wasabi Crab Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers