- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Ginger Aïoli
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Gently fold crabmeat into mayonnaise mixture. Cover and chill 30 minutes or several hours.
Stir egg and 1/3 cup panko into crabmeat mixture. Shape mixture into 20 (1 1/2-inch) patties. Dredge in remaining panko.
Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with Ginger Aïoli.