Bistro-Style Sirloin with New Potatoes
More From Health
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes
- 1 1/4 pounds lean sirloin, trimmed of visible fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 cups arugula, divided
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, and cook 15 minutes or until potatoes can be pierced with a fork. Drain and cool potatoes. Slice potatoes in half.
- 2. While potatoes cook, divide steak into 4 equal portions, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks to pan, and cook 46 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of the steak reads 160°. Transfer steaks to a plate, and keep warm.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-low; add 2 teaspoons oil and shallot to pan. Arrange potatoes, cut sides down, in pan, and cook 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown.
- 4. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer potatoes to a bowl, and keep warm.
- 5. Increase heat to medium-high. Add wine, and gently scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, and cook until liquid is reduced by half. Place 1 cup arugula on each of 4 plates; divide steak and potatoes evenly. Top each serving with approximately 1 tablespoon sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes