Bistro Grilled Chicken Pizza
Use long-handled grilling tongs and a spatula to turn the dough with ease.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (4-ounce) package tomato-and-basil feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Unroll dough, and place on a lightly greased 18- x 12-inch sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to form a 13- x 9-inch rectangle. Brush dough evenly with olive oil.
- Invert dough onto grill cooking grate; peel off foil. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom of dough is golden brown. Turn dough over, and grill, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is set. Carefully remove crust from grill to an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Microwave pizza sauce in a small glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until warm, stirring once. Spread sauce evenly over crust; top with tomatoes and chicken. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses and basil. Return pizza to cooking grate (pizza should slide easily). Grill, covered with grill lid, 3 to 5 more minutes or until crust is done and cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note